Applying for Parking
Students requiring parking on campus during the summer months, May 1 to August 31, can purchase a parking permit for Lots S, Y, Z and 15. Permits are sold for calendar months only and can be purchased at Parking and Transportation Services.
All students interested in parking for the 2019/20 Fall/Winter term must apply through the online Parking Sale including those registered to live in USask Residences. Availability is limited and only students who live in residence are guaranteed a parking space.
|May 1, 8 am to Aug 23, 10 am||Online sale applications are accepted in PAWS|
|Aug 25, 8 am||Results are posted in PAWS|
|Aug 26, 8:30 am to Sept 6, 4:30 pm||Allocated permits available for pickup*|
|Sept 8, 8 am||Second chance results posted in PAWS|
|Sept 9, 8:30 am to Sept 13, 4:30 pm||Allocated second chance permits available for pickup*|
* Pickup - Permits must be picked up at Parking and Transportation Services. Valid student card and applicable fees are required for pickup. Payment methods available include MasterCard, Visa, Amex, Discover, Debit and cash.
- You must have a valid NSID number to complete the application in PAWS.
- You must be registered in at least one USask class or at an affiliated college by the application deadline.
- Only one permit per student number.
- Applications are accepted May 1, 8:00 am to Aug 23, 10:00 am. During that period, applications may be changed or withdrawn at any time.
- Choose only those lots which you are prepared to accept and list your choices in order of preference.
- Once you have been allocated a student permit there will be no option to change to another lot at any time.
Commuting Students from Outside the City Limits
You must apply for a permit through the online sale. If you are not allocated a permit you may come to Parking and Transportation Services on August 26, to apply for a stall in Lot 15 or Stadium Parkade. This is on a first-come, first-served basis as there are a limited number of permits.
Student permits that were not picked up by the deadline date for the Online Sale will be allocated by a computer generated selection to those that applied to the Parking Sale and were NOT allocated a parking permit. You are eligible ONLY if you applied to the Parking Sale and were not allocated a permit, not because you did not receive your choice.
Students who paid the $20.00 application fee and entered the Parking Sale and were not allocated a parking permit will automatically be added to the waitlist and contacted by email if a space is available.
Ready to apply?
A $20.00 non-refundable application fee will be charged for all applications. If you wish to withdraw your application at any time, the fee still applies.
Prices and Locations
September - April
|S lot||Located on Innovation Blvd||electrified||$504|
|Y lot||Located on East Road (off Preston)||electrified||$504|
|Stadium Parkade||Located off College Drive||some electrified||$672|
|Lot 15||Located at Preston & College Drive||not electrified||$420|
|Q lot||Located on East Road (off Preston)||electrified||$504|
|Residence, night and weekend, and motorcycle parking (see below)|
Resident Agreement Holders will be allocated a stall for Aird Street, U lot , W Lot, E Lot, Stadium Parkade or Lot 15 by applying through the online Parking Sale (see above).
September to April
|for 8 months (includes GST)|
|Aird Street||not electrified||$524|
|Lot 15||not electrified||$524|
|U Lot||some electrified
plus a metered area for visitors
|Stadium Parkade||some electrified||$640|
*Scrambled parking for all resident parking.
May to August
$65.00 for one calendar month.
Night and Weekend Parking
- Student permits (including permits for W Lot, Aird Street and U lot) are valid as night permits when properly displayed.
- Night permits are NOT required in staff or student lots from May 1-August 31 annually.
Night parking permits can be purchased in person at Parking and Transportation Services.
When properly displayed, the night permit is valid:
- Mon-Thurs 4pm-5am for Lots S, Y, W and 15
- Mon-Thurs 5pm-5am for Lots F, H, HA, K, L, O, Q, V and T
- After 4pm parking in Lot S and Lot Y costs $1.00 per night by using PayByPhone (location 4655)
- After 5pm pay parking is available in R and G lots. View Visitor Parking for more options.
Weekend Parking Options
No Payment or permit required in the following areas:
- Fri 4pm-Mon 5am for Lots S, Y and 15
- Fri 5pm-Mon 5am for Lots F, V, K, L, Q, O, HA
There are many motorcycle parking spots located throughout campus.
All motorcycle users must purchase a motorcycle permit. Permits are sold for a calendar year and cost $68.25. All permits expire Dec 31 annually. The permit must be displayed at all times when parking on campus. Permits are not pro-rated.
Any unused full calendar months can be refunded; however, you would lose the benefit of having purchased at a longer term reduced rate and there will be an administrative fee as well. There will be no refund for the last month of any contract. The permit is required at time of refund.
Lost or stolen permits have a replacement value of $42.00. You must report to Parking and Transportation Services in person and fill out the necessary forms for replacement.
USSU Designated Parking
The USSU will be accepting applications for designated parking. Students who require parking because of exceptional circumstances may apply to the Designated Parking Program only after they have been unsuccessful in the online sale.
Tips and Reminders
Make sure you review parking tips and reminders.
Contact Parking and Transportation Services for more information.