The Eco Pass is a regular adult bus pass which costs 40% less than a normal adult bus pass. The Eco Pass cost reduction is shared through matching subsidies provided by the university and the City of Saskatoon. This is a taxable benefit recorded on your T4 slip.
The Eco Pass offers the same riding privileges as a normal adult bus pass.
Applying, Waitlist and Waitlist Status
Application and Wait List
It's easy to apply for an eco pass, get your name added to the waiting list if all passes are assigned or check your status on the waiting list.
Waiting List Users:
- When a new Eco pass becomes available, we contact the next individual on the waitlist (if they have changed their mind it will be offered to the next person).
- New users will only take over the remaining balance from the old users (anywhere from 1-11 months). Their contract will to be amended slightly to accommodate a revised timeline.
Eligibility and Requirments
- Eco Pass requires bi-monthly payroll deduction for the duration of the contract.
- Participating employees must be of permanent status or in a term position. We are unable to include graduate students whose payments are in the form of scholarship funding. Scholarships are T4A reportable “Other Earnings” and are not eligible for a “Taxable Benefits” to be applied against.
- Eligible employees must be on university payroll.
- All those participating in the Eco Pass program will be required to sign a one-year contract that must be provided to Parking and Transportation Services at the time of pick up.
- This pass must be for the exclusive use of the employee who signed the contract.
If you are successful in receiving an Eco Pass, the passes will be available for pick up at Parking and Transportation Services. More detailed information on the contract and times and place of the pickup will be emailed to successful recipients. Successful applicants must complete the Eco Pass Contract Agreement, sign it and bring it to Parking and Transportation Services.
You may have someone pick up the pass for you, but they must have the signed contract (signed by you) to leave with Parking and Transportation Services at the time of pick up.
Lost or Stolen
Lost, Stolen, and confiscated Eco Passes
Saskatoon Transit does replace the Passes, at a $5.00 charge.
The process for lost or stolen cards consists of the following actions:
- go to Parking and Transportation Services and collect a letterhead with information about the card, number and reason for replacement.
- take the letterhead downtown to Saskatoon Transit’s Customer Service Center to receive the new Eco Pass at a $5.00 charge.
- the old card’s balance is then transferred to the newly issued one. Once the new card is issued, the old one will no longer work.
Cancelling Your Pass or Taking a Leave
The Employee may obtain a leave from the Program for reasons resulting from a change in location of employment or Employee’s residence, maternity/paternity leave, short-term or long-term illness, WCB disability, or Employer-authorized education or extended leave (as stipulated in the Saskatoon Transit Eco Pass Program’s Terms and Conditions).
The user will be required to return the pass to Parking and Transportation Services on or before the last day of the month in which they have indicated their leave. A new user will be drawn from the waitlist and will resume the past-user’s pass on the first of the following month.
If you have any questions please contact Parking and Transportation Services.