Applying for Parking
To apply for a Faculty/Staff Permit visit the link below. Parking stalls are allocated based on seniority and you will be assigned a location based on available parking stalls.
Sessional Lecturers may purchase part-time parking by emailing Roberta Campbell-Chudoba.
Service Vehicle Permit or Motorcycle Permit (see below)
Parking Lot Wait List
Parking stalls occasionally become available in lots on campus. If you would like to be placed on a waiting list for a parking stall in a different location please go to the Employee Parking channel on PAWS and click on "Manage Applications".
Prices and Locations
|Lots E, F, G, H, HA, K, M, O, Q, R, T, V, W||electrified||$86.00/month plus GST|
|Stadium Parkade||$86.00/month plus GST|
|Lots A, B, HC and KC||non-electrified||$76.00/month plus GST|
Prices are subject to change without notice and all conditions must be followed.
Parking fees are split and will be deducted from your salary every semi-monthly pay day.
Flex Parking Options
To help support new and alternative work arrangements for faculty and staff who may not work on campus on a full-time basis, Parking Services is offering Flexible Parking options. Individuals can select one of the following options that best match their need for on campus parking. In addition to Flex Parking, Visitor and Daily parking options are available for faculty and staff who visit campus less frequently or prefer to pay per use.
This option provides staff and faculty the option to select two or three days during the week that they require access to on campus parking. The days selected must remain the same each week and the parking location will be in the Stadium Parkade (Lot 2) beginning fall 2021 which will be reevaluated in spring 2022.
The monthly rate for this option is 65% of the normal monthly parking rate for the Stadium Parkade.
This option is limited by visitor capacity and will be available starting September 1, 2021 and will be re-evaluated in the spring of 2022. The following variations within the Occasional Driver option:
- Faculty and staff can purchase a ten-exit card for $100 (tax included) that permits ten single exits from the Stadium Parkade, Agriculture Parkade and Lot 4.
- The exit cards would expire on April 30, 2022.
- Any unused cards can be returned for a refund.
- Faculty and staff may also pay as a visitor for the day at the following visitor lots.
- Lot 15 (Preston and College) - $6 daily max. (daytime $1.50/hr)
- Lot 20 (Merlis Belsher Place) - $6 daily max. (daytime $1.50/hr)
- Lot 1 (Place Riel) –No daily max. (daytime $3.00/hr)
- Lot 2 (Stadium Parkade) – $12.50 daily max. (daytime $2.50/hr)
- Lot 3 (PAC) – No daily max. (daytime $3.00/hr)
- Lot 4 (Education) - $15 daily max. (daytime $3.00/hr)
- Lot 5 (Agriculture Parkade) - $18 daily max. (daytime $3.00/hr)
- Health Science Parkade – No daily max. (daytime $4.00/hr)
Additional Permit Benefits
A number of value-added benefits are available to all staff and faculty members who purchase a monthly permit.
If you have a monthly staff & faculty permit, you are eligible to receive a motorcycle permit for no additional charge. Motorcycle permits can be used in any of the motorcycle lots around campus.
Permits are provided for the calendar year, and must be renewed annually.
Please note that motorcycle permits cannot be used in gated staff and faculty parking lots.
If you do not have a monthly staff & faculty permit and wish to purchase a motorcycle permit, please visit our Visitor Parking page.
Cancelling Parking or Leaves
Parking can be cancelled on the 15th or last day of a month. Cancellation form must be submitted at least one day prior to these dates. Parking passe(s) must be returned after the last day of parking.
Once you cancel your parking there is no guarantee that you will get your stall back immediately on request. You would have to put your name back on the waiting list and if a stall in your preferred lot is available, it would be re-assigned where possible.
Unless specified you will be removed from all waiting lists upon cancellation.
Approved leave of absence
You must advise Parking and Transportation Services when your leave begins so that parking can be re-assigned accordingly. If your leave is for a longer period that one month, the stall automatically is returned to Parking Services for re-assignment (even temporarily). Please note that a minimum of 2 weeks' notice is required to reactivate your parking when returning from an approved leave.
If you are taking a short leave (less than one month) you may allow a co-worker to share your stall during your absence by advising Parking and Transportation Services.
Service Vehicle Permit
Service Vehicle permits are meant for short term university business only (eg. meetings, deliveries of certain types, etc.). The permit allows users to park at a designated University Vehicles Only stalls.
In order to apply for a Service Vehicle Permit you must:
- Apply (by Department Head) in writing to Parking and Transportation Services, (must contain reasons for request and intent of permit use).
- You must be an employee of the University and you must have a valid parking permit at the University in order to qualify for said permit.
- All conditions and time limits must be followed.
- Cost of Service Vehicle permits are to be paid annually by CFOAPAL. Please provide all billing information on application.
Parking and Transportation Services reserves the right to provide service permits at their discretion and may refuse or revoke any permit for cause.
Lost or stolen permits have a replacement value of $25.00. You must report to Parking and Transportation Services in person and fill out the necessary forms for replacement.
Tips and Reminders
Make sure you review parking tips and reminders.
For more information please contact Parking and Transportation Services at:
Faculty and Staff Parking