Applying for Parking
To apply for a Faculty/Staff Permit, complete Staff and Faculty Parking Application form or visit the Parking and Transportation Services office. Parking stalls are allocated based on seniority and you will be assigned a location based on available parking stalls.
Sessional Lecturers may purchase part-time parking by emailing Roberta Campbell-Chudoba.
Service Vehicle Permit or Motorcycle Permit (see below)
Parking Lot Wait List
Parking stalls occasionally become available in lots on campus. If you would like to be placed on a waiting list for a parking stall in a different location please provide your preferred location on the Waiting List Request form.
The current wait lists are as follows:
G Lot - 2005
R Lot - 2010
F Lot - 2016
V Lot - 2016
Q Lot - 2019
H Lot - 2016
HA Lot - 2007
M Lot - 2016
Prices and Locations
|Lots CLS, E, F, G, H, HA, K, M, O, Q, R, Stadium Parkade, V, W||electrified||$84.00/month|
|Lots A, B and KC||non-electrified||$73.50/month|
Prices are subject to change without notice and all conditions must be followed.
Parking fees are split and will be deducted from your salary every semi-monthly pay day.
Night and Weekend Parking
- Staff and Faculty permits are valid as night permits when properly displayed. After 5pm and on weekends and stat holidays your AVI tag gives you entry and exit into Lots R and G (which are gated 24/7). If you park in a non-gated Staff and Faculty or Student lot after 5 pm your AVI tag must be visible on the windshield as it acts as a night permit. Failure to have it visible may result in a a violation being issued. You must exit your non-assigned lot before 7am.
- Night permits are NOT required in staff or student lots from May 1-August 31 annually.
Access to all lots, including gated lots R and G, may be accessed by requesting same at Parking and Transportation Services.
Weekend Parking Options
No payment or permit required in the following areas:
- Fri 4pm-Mon 5am for Lots S, Y and 15
- Fri 5pm-Mon 5am for Lots F, V, K, L, Q, O, HA
Please reference the night parking map for details on available parking locations.
Cancelling Parking or Leaves
Parking can be cancelled on the 15th or last day of a month. Cancellation form must be submitted at least one day prior to these dates. Parking passe(s) must be returned after the last day of parking.
Once you cancel your parking there is no guarantee that you will get your stall back immediately on request. You would have to put your name back on the waiting list and if a stall in your preferred lot is available, it would be re-assigned where possible.
Unless specified you will be removed from all waiting lists upon cancellation.
Approved leave of absence
You must advise Parking and Transportation Services when your leave begins so that parking can be re-assigned accordingly. If your leave is for a longer period that one month, the stall automatically is returned to Parking Services for re-assignment (even temporarily). Please note that a minimum of 2 weeks' notice is required to reactivate your parking when returning from an approved leave.
If you are taking a short leave (less than one month) you may allow a co-worker to share your stall during your absence by advising Parking and Transportation Services.
Service Vehicle Permit
Service Vehicle permits are meant for short term university business only (eg. meetings, deliveries of certain types, etc.). The permit allows users to park at a designated service vehicle stall only.
In order to apply for a Service Vehicle Permit you must:
- Apply (by Department Head) in writing to Parking and Transportation Services, (must contain reasons for request and intent of permit use).
- You must be an employee of the University and you must have a valid parking permit at the University in order to qualify for said permit.
- All conditions and time limits must be followed.
- Cost of Service Vehicle permits are to be paid annually by CFOAPAL. Please provide all billing information on application.
Parking and Transportation Services reserves the right to provide service permits at their discretion and may refuse or revoke any permit for cause.
There are many motorcycle parking spots located throughout campus.
All motorcycle users must purchase a motorcycle permit. Permits are sold for a calendar year and cost $68.25. All permits expire Dec 31 annually. The permit must be displayed at all times when parking on campus. Permits are not pro-rated.
Lost or stolen permits have a replacement value of $42.00. You must report to Parking and Transportation Services in person and fill out the necessary forms for replacement.
Tips and Reminders
Make sure you review parking tips and reminders.
For more information please contact Parking and Transportation Services at:
Faculty and Staff Parking