A SaskAbilities Placard is required for all designated accessible parking.
Please see the Accessibility Map for designated accessible parking locations and power-assisted entrance doors.
- Must apply to Parking and Transportation Services.
- Permit must be displayed on the vehicle when parked.
- Space is assigned to people with disabilities based on medical need.
- Applicants require a valid SaskAbilities Placard. If application is complete and approved, SaskAbilities Placard is issued immediately.
- Parking and Transportation Services reserves the right to require independent medical assessment.
- Location of accessible parking will be determined based on medical requirements and availability of space.
- The cost of accessible parking is varied (according to location) and is the same as for anyone else using that location.
Applying for Accessible Parking
Advance arrangements (where possible) are appreciated and suggested.
Arrangements for temporary or permanent Accessible Parking Permits can be made by completing the following steps:
- Apply for Accessible Parking.
- Parking and Transportation Services will following up with your request and contact you within 2 business days.
- Applicant will be asked to provide a SaskAbilities issued parking permit and the accompanying letter to the Parking and Transportation Services office.
Terms and Conditions
- Accessible parking stalls cannot be shared. If you are driving a disabled person, you may be provided with parking, however it will not be in an accessible space. You may carpool but ONLY if the disabled person is present when the vehicle is parked. The disabled person MUST be qualified and able to drive in order to be considered for an accessible space. Accessible spaces are monitored and any abuse could result in a loss of privileges and perhaps violations.
- Permits must be properly displayed on the rear view mirror at all times when parked in a designated accessible space.
- Accessible parking stalls are a very valuable resource and some areas are very highly used. Please provide your schedule so that stalls can be shared where possible.
- If you no longer require the stall or will be away for a period of more than one week (medical leave, sabbatical, classes etc.), please let Parking and Transportation Services know so that we may utilize the stall in your absence. You cannot give someone else permission to use the stall at anytime.