Plugging in your car
Do not run an extension cord to another stall plug in (used or not) or the building. This is against the bylaws and carries a fine of a minimum of $100.
Each outlet will provide sufficient power for one block heater only. Overloading a circuit leaves all outlets on that circuit without electricity.
IPLC's (Intelligent Parking Lot Controller)
- These are the units that are attached to your electrical outlets.
- These units have two lights, a green and a red.
- A flashing green light means that the receptacle has power present.
- If you plug in and the light changes to solid green it means that you are within the wattage limits of the device and there are no wiring errors in your vehicle. So power is getting to your vehicle.
- A flashing red light, means that no power is getting to your vehicle. You have exceeded the wattage limits or may have a short circuit in YOUR wiring.
- A solid red light means that no power is getting to your vehicle. You have exceeded the wattage limits or the device may be faulty.
- In the interest of personal safety, and to reduce the possibility of damage to your vehicle, it is recommended that a three-prong extension cord be used.
- The University does not assume any responsibility for damage, expense or inconvenience caused by interrupted power supply to any car heater outlet.
In addition, the plug will provide power at 100% for the first 2 minutes after the car is plugged in and then shut off for the initial delay period of 2.05 hrs. This is because the engine is warm so supplying power for this time is a waste of energy. During this time frame, the green light will be on but the block heater or car warmer will not.
Reserved Diesel Stalls
4th floor, Stadium Parkade
Diesel Permit holders will pay an additional $130.00 which is valid from September to April annually.
- Permits MUST be displayed at all times
- Vehicle registration will be required at time of purchase
- Permit holders MUST use only the designated diesel stalls at all times from September-April
- Electricity is provided at zero degrees
- Permits are sold on a first come, first serve basis
- Program may be discontinued at any time, without notice
Report Faulty Outlets
For open search lots please take note of the post number and notify Parking and Transportation Services if an outlet is not functioning.